Monday, January 5, 2015

Sankalpa
Sankalpa is a resolve or vow to stay true to your highest truth.  Unlike a goal, a sankalpa is more of an overriding personal principle that may also serve as your life purpose.  Arising from your soul, your sankalpa is not imposed on you by your ego or from a place of needing to be fixed. Knowing your sankalpa can be a powerful force to help you navigate in a world full of opportunities and distractions.  
How do you discover your sankalpa or guiding principle?  Listen deep within yourself.  Everything you need to know is right here inside of you.  Sit still, relax, breathe, accept everything as is in this moment, stay present and listen. It may take time to sift through the ego’s desires and actually hear your own inner wisdom.  It may come in the form of a statement, or an image, or a feeling.
My sankalpa is “I create my reality by how I perceive my world. What I choose to pay attention to and how I pay attention to it becomes my experience.”
Bottom line, the more connected you are to your inner wisdom, the more you will act in alignment with it and create a life on purpose.

In my next post…once you uncover your sankalpa, how do you stay true to it?

No comments:

Post a Comment